If you are looking to create a fun playroom space for your children – without spending a fortune, look no further than your own home. It is easy to decorate a perfect playroom by reusing and repurposing existing items. Here are some inexpensive ideas:
Design a craft corner
Bring out your child’s natural creativity
- Paint an old table and cover the sides with fabric. You can hide projects and supplies in large bins under the table.
- Turn baby wipe containers into storage boxes for small craft items. Your kids can paint and decorate the containers.
- Hang a bulletin board for displaying your children’s artwork.
Create a fort
Children love to play in private enclosed spaces
- Design a tented space with unused sheets and fabrics.
- Make a cardboard house with your kids using large boxes and lots of paint.
Section off areas of the room
Keep the kids organized while they’re having fun
- Place area rugs around the room to create separate areas for reading, crafts, games, and storage. Don’t worry about matching the rugs. Variety is more fun.
- Separate areas by hanging ribbons or fabric from the ceiling.
- If you have a hardwood floors, why not create sections by painting the floor? Use different colors for each area, or paint lines to create regions.
Remember that decorating a playroom is all about creating an environment that is fun for your children. Take pleasure in the process and treasure the time with your kids.
Leave a Comment